WHAT IS INCLUDED
SCHIERLING CHIROPRACTIC, LLC's
DECOMPRESSION THERAPY PROTOCOL?
WHAT MAKES OUR DECOMPRESSION PROTOCOL DIFFERENT?
I have had other doctors tell me that I provide too many services / products at too low a fee with our Decompression Therapy Protocol. Maybe so. The bottom line is that I want you better......period! Great results speak for themselves. And when a potential back surgery is on the line, it is not time to cut corners. I honestly think that this is the single best bargain that you will find on Spinal Decompression Therapy ---- anywhere.
One of the first things we do for you is to ascertain whether or not your problem might be something else. In other words, if your problem might be a Motion Disorder or PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME and not a disc injury (sometimes they manifest very similarly), I do not start a disc protocol without checking to see if it is something simpler. My Standard Protocol for Decompression Patients is as follows:
ORTHOPEDIC & NEUROLOGICAL EXAMINATIONS: Three complete ortho / neuro exams are included in the price of the program. This includes all pertinent orthopedic tests as well as a comprehensive neurological examination. These are done before we start, at the halfway point, and at the end of the protocol. This is necessary because it not only tells us if you are a viable candidate for Spinal Decompression Therapy, but whether or not there is cerebellar weakness present. Because the cerebellum regulates the Spinal Postural Muscles, Spinal Decompression Therapy will not work as effectively without addressing cerebellar weakness if it is present (see our BRAIN-BASED THERAPY site). You need to bring any MRI's, CT Scans, X-rays, or reports with you on your first visit, as these need to be evaluated before it is determined whether or not you are a candidate for Decompression Therapy, or we begin the Decompression Treatment Protocol. (A $250.00 Value)
DECOMPRESSION THERAPY: No big surprise here. This is what the program is about. Be aware that our Decompression Table also has an attachment for the cervical spine (neck), so that we can work on neck problems as well. ($60.00 / Session Value)
CHIROPRACTIC ADJUSTMENT: I realize that you have probably already seen a chiropractor for your disc problem ---- and it didn't work! This is because many disc problems ---- particularly the more serious ones that surgeons typically end up working on --- will not respond to chiropractic adjustments alone. The Chiropractic Adjustment is a powerful tool in the process of getting a disc to heal properly ----- particularly when used in combination with our Disc Decompression Protocol. In combination with Spinal Decompression Therapy, the adjustments help restore normal joint motion, restore normal vertebral alignment, help move inflammation and swelling out of the affected area, and relieve muscle spasms. Your adjustment might be done manually later in the protocol, but at least in the beginning it will probably be done with a drop table or hand-held IMPULSE ADJUSTING INSTRUMENT. We will determine what you can tolerate, and what is best for your condition. (A $34.00 / Session Value)
COLD LASER THERAPY: This is a seriously powerful therapy! Our Cold Laser was developed by a doctor (D.O.) who had suffered with a ruptured disc. Unable to practice for three years, he healed himself with a Cold Laser Therapy Protocol. Cold Laser Therapy is one of the most amazing forms of treatment to come along since I started doing Tissue Remodeling Therapy back in 2001. In a nutshell, coherent light from very specific frequencies of our Cold Laser (600 to 900 nm), penetrates up to two inches below the surface of the skin. Light Receptors called "Photo-Receptors" found in each and every cell in the body, absorb light energy. This flips an enzymatic switch that turns on the cell's Mitochondria. The Mitochondria (the powerhouse of the cell) make cellular energy (ATP). When various cells or tissues of the body are presented with extra ATP, they can use it to detoxify, rebuild, regenerate, and generally aid in the healing process of injured or diseased tissue. This is not a wild claim. It is verified by hundreds upon hundreds (maybe thousands) of peer-reviewed Scientific Studies that have been published over the past four decades. For more information, please visit COLD LASER CURE. (A $30.00 / Session Value)
TISSUE REMODELING TREATMENT (if needed): Sometimes, the disc is not the whole problem. Many people (particularly women) suffer with Piriformis Syndrome --- a condition that mimics disc problems. For more information, please visit DESTROY CHRONIC PAIN or DESTROY PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME. You can just as easily visit our VIDEO TESTIMONIAL PAGE. (up to a $40.00 / Session Value)
NUTRITIONAL / LIFESTYLE ADVICE: This is important for many reasons, but chiefly because of INFLAMMATION. Although inflammation attracts swelling to it, inflammation is not synonymous with swelling. Your diet and lifestyle is either driving your body's inflammation-making machinery, or its driving its anti-inflammation machinery. It is critical to deal with inflammation without the use of anti-inflammation drugs that are known to actually destroy Spinal Dics by destroying Collagen-Based Connective Tissues such as bone, ligament, tendon, cartilage, muscle, etc. (A $100.00 Value)
NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS ESPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR THE DISC:
I realize that no other physician I am aware of includes any form of nutritional supplementation in their Decompression Therapy Protocol. I studied exercise physiology and nutrition at Kansas State University, and after twenty years of clinical experience, am well versed in the importance of proper nutrition for healing HERNIATED DISCS or DEGENERATIVE DISCS. There are two supplements that I consider to be paramount for healing a disc. These are......
- PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE FISH OIL: I know, I know, I know. What the heck is Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil doing in a protocol for injured discs? Nothing, and I mean nothing, controls Inflammation at the source better than PGFO! (INFORMATION HERE)
- LIGAPLEX: Ligaplex is a whole food supplement made by Standard Process, especially formulated for Ligaments. Remember; it's the Annular Ligaments that make up the outside portion of the disc that has to heal. (READ MORE)
WHOLE BODY VIBRATION: The Spinal Decompression Table used at Schierling Chiropractic, LLC, is the only table on the market that I am aware of that has a "Whole Body Vibration" feature. This is fabulous for those of you whose disc problem is related to a weak cerebellum (lower brain). Although the cerebellum controls a wide variety of bodily functions, two of its chief functions are balance (equilibrium) and control of postural (spinal) muscles. One of the best ways to stimulate the cerebellum is via Whole Body Vibration. Whole Body Vibration is one of the cerebellum-strengthening therapies used extensively in our Brain-Based Therapy Program. As your spine improves, we will likely use our Upright Vibrational Platform. (WHOLE BODY VIBRATION) (Valued at $30.00 / visit)
OXYGEN THERAPY: If you have a weak cerebellum (remember, the cerebellum controls both postural muscles of the spine as well as balance and equilibrium), you absolutely need Oxygen Therapy. Why? Because the cerebellum is the single most oxygen-dependent organ in your body. If you have spent any amount of time on our BRAIN-BASED THERAPY website, or www.Ask Dr Johnson.com, you already realize that Oxygen is Brain Fuel, and that the tiny cerebellum uses between 20-25% of all the body's oxygen. Heal the brain; heal the body. (SEE OUR OXYGEN THERAPY PAGE) (Valued at $40.00 / Session).
MICROCURRENT STIMULATION: On occasion I may use our MENS-O-MATC microcurrent machine. This device uses tiny amounts of electricity to stimulate specific areas of the body. Many practitioners use this device instead of needles to perform acupuncture. I received my acupuncture certification in 1991. (Valued at $40.00 / Session)
A HOME EXERCISE / REHAB PROGRAM: This might involve any number of things (be sure you have an exercise ball that is height-appropriate). although I will begin preparing your rehab plan immediately, it will not be implemented until I feel you are ready for it. If you are diligent in this part of the program (even after I release you from care), you are much less likely to suffer relapse! (valued at $100.00)
WHAT MIGHT BE NEEDED IN ADDITION TO THE NORMAL SPINAL DECOMPRESSION PROTOCOL?
- LUMBAR X-RAY (2 views) or Cervical X-rays (3 views): I do not necessarily need an MRI to begin Spinal Decompression Therapy. However, at the very least, I need an AP and Lateral X-ray of the Lumbar or Cervical Spine. The cost for films in my clinic is $70.00. I am happy to use films (MRI's / X-rays / CT Scans) taken by another doctor or facility. They do not need to be brand new. As long as they are not too old or out of date, they will probably work fine.
WHAT I RECOMMEND FOR EVERYONE POST-COMPLETION OF THEIR SUCCESSFUL DECOMPRESSION THERAPY PROGRAM:
- INVERSION TABLE: These are great / simple devices that help keep the disc stabilized once the hard work of Spinal Decompression is complete . If you are a tiny woman, you might get away with a Mal-Wart cheapo ($100.00). Normal sized people or large people should get an IRONMAN 4000. It is what I own, and they are built like a tank! This table has a ratchet lever that locks and unlocks your foot brace, without you having to bend over (a bit over $200.00). I do not sell these, nor do I get any sort of kickback for my recommendation. I ordered mine on Amazon, but you can get them at Mal-Wart as well.
HOW MUCH DOES OUR
SPINAL DECOMPRESSION THERAPY PROGRAM
If you add up the items that are part of our Standard Decompression Therapy Protocol, you will see that these items, purchased individually, are valued at nearly $5,000.00. The cost of our Decompression Protocol is less than half that. Sound like a great deal? It is! Especially when you consider that an MRI of the lumbar spine will cost that much on its own --- especially after you factor in the $200 radiologist's bill. Our program is an exceptionally good value in light of......
- The Cost of an MRI: An MRI of the Lumbar Spine currently costs about $2,000. The radiology bill will be two hundred more to read it. Ouch!
- The Cost of Neurologist / Orthopedist: You are looking at $400.00 or $500.00 to have a specialist tap your reflexes, watch you wince in pain as you bend forward, and then tell you that you have one of the conditions we have discussed earlier (DISC HERNIATION, DEGENERATIVE DISCS, SPINAL STENOSIS, etc,).
- The Cost of Back Surgery: I have searched internet databases, and the absolute cheapest back surgery is costs about $15,000.00 (endoscopic surgery -- everything included). They go up dramatically from there, with spinal fusions currently approaching a whopping $150,000.00. But stop and think for a moment. We all know people who have had back surgery. How many of those people are shouting "Halleluiah" because the surgery worked so well? Some. But not many. And if you need to have a second surgery, you are definitely looking at Spinal Fusion or a Laminectomy. I would challenge you to go online and look up the success rate of these procedures --- especially as a second or third back surgery (gulp!). For more information, see our BACK SURGERY page.
- The Cost of not Working: For most of us, work is not an optional activity. It is something that we do to keep a roof over our head, food on the table, and shoes on our kid's feet. It does not take very many weeks of being unable to work to begin to take a huge financial toll on a family.
- The Cost of Medication: Don't kid yourself. Although drugs are certainly not cheap monetarily, the real cost of drugs is not financial, it is physical. Anti-inflammatory medications, and especially (the drugs of choice for both acute and chronic back problems) have been proven to make Collagen-Based Tissues (bone, cartilage, disc, ligament, tendon, etc) heal weaker, with less elasticity. Think I am making this up? Ask your doctor why he or she limits / rations the number of cortico-steroid injections you can receive ----- even if they temporarily relieve your pain. Anti-Inflammatory medications are degenerative and dangerous (HERE)! They have been shown to cause problems with the kidneys, liver, and heart as well. Oh, and as far as pain relievers are concerned; what works for you today will not work for you tomorrow. It is the nature of the beast ----- and that beast, named "Addiction" can swallow you whole (HERE). There are no drugs can be taken long-term without some serious consequences!
- The Cost to Your Family: No sex life. Can't sit through a movie or church anymore. Unable to travel anywhere with the family --- you simply can't sit that long. Can't pick up the kids or grandkids. In fact, it has been a long time since you have spent any meaningful time at all with your family because it hurts too bad to do anything!
- The Cost of Chronic Pain: Again, this is not just a financial cost, but a physical, mental, and emotional cost as well. Chronic Pain actually shrinks your brain. Neuro-scientists have known for decades that brains of people suffering with Chronic Pain are difficult (or impossible) to differentiate from the brains of those with Alzheimer's Disease or Alzheimer's-like Dementia. In fact, The Journal of Neuroscience recently reported that
“The longer the individual has had Fibromyalgia [Chronic Pain], the greater the gray matter loss, with each year of Fibromyalgia [Chronic Pain] being equivalent to 9.5 times the loss in normal aging”. McGill University Centre for Research
Think about this for a moment. Every single year you live with Chronic Pain is the equivalent of nearly 10 times the brain loss seen in the normal aging process. Re-read this paragraph until it sinks in.
for Schierling Chiropractic, LLC's
DECOMPRESSION THERAPY PROGRAM
REVOLVING CREDIT -vs- INSTALLMENT LOAN
- Advance Care's REVOLVING CREDIT establishes a specific line of credit that remains available. During interest free periods, 2% of the balance is due each month and is credited to the principal. After the interest free period, the payment increases to 2% plus the appropriate interest.
- Advance Care's INSTALLMENT LOANS have specific terms or 12, 24, 36, 48 or 60 months and a set monthly payment due each month. Our installment loans do not provide interest free periods.
Schierling Chiropractic LLC, accepts cash, checks, and all major Credit Cards. We also have a relationship with ADVANCE CARE. You can apply to Advance Care for a Healthcare Credit Line that can be used in our office. The application process is simple and can be done online or over the phone. This is a beautiful deal for patients because if you have good credit, you can get 0% interest same-as-cash-financing for six months. For those with less than impeccable credit, Advance Care offers Installment Loans set up on specific payment schedules in a time frame tailored to your unique financial situation. Because of their willingness to go up to 60 months, the monthly payment can be made to be extremely low.
Although Medicare will typically cover the adjustments in our Decompression Protocol, they have declared Decompression Therapy itself to be "Experimental" (their word) and lacking in scientific evidence (Their website actually says, "insufficient data to support the benefits of its use"). Unfortunately for those suffering with disc problems but wanting to avoid surgery, Private Health Insurance Companies (Blue Cross, Cox, St. John's, etc) tend to follow Medicare's lead. What this means for you is that while they will likely pay for a portion of your Decompression Protocol, they will not pay for all of it.
Call us today at (417) 934-6337 to set up a free consultation with Dr. Schierling to see whether you are a candidate for our Spinal Decompression Therapy program. You can CONTACT US HERE.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE:
I am so confident that Spinal Decompression Therapy will be the solution to your disc problem, that your acceptance as a patient automatically confers you a money back guarantee. If you get through the first two weeks of your Decompression Protocol at Schierling Chiropractic, LLC (every weekday ---10 sessions) and there is absolutely no improvement in your condition, you will be offered a refund of half the cost of your Spinal Decompression Protocol (minus any credit card or financing fees). Although I would love to 'guarantee' you that I can help every single person's unique disc-related problem(s), I have run into a few people whose situation was too far gone ---- they did not respond. Although our Spinal Decompression Protocol has saved many people from spinal surgery, spinal surgery is, unfortunately, always a possibility.
Likewise, you are free to drop out of care at any time. However, be aware that our Spinal Decompression Protocols are provided at reduced "Package Rates". Any time you drop out of care, all care that you have received to date will be re-calculated on an itemized per-visit basis as opposed to simply dividing the number of visits into the "Package Rate" (all individual costs can be seen at the top of the page). You will receive a check for the difference between the amount you initially paid minus your itemized individual costs and any credit card or financing fees.
Disclaimer: The material provided on this site is for strictly informational purposes only. It is not meant to replace or substitute for the recommendations or advice of your physician or medical provider. The products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information contained in this site should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. If you believe you have a medical condition or problem contact your health care provider. The statements contained in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
THE WEBSITES OF SCHIERLING CHIROPRACTIC, LLC
SCAR TISSUE REMODELING: CHRONIC PAIN
WE FIX TENDINITIS / TENDINOSIS
PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME / PAIN IN THE BUTT
WEIGHT LOSS & OVER ALL HEALTH
COLD LASER THERAPY IS HOT!
NON-SURGICAL TREATMENT OF DISCS
THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU
IMMUNE & ENDOCRINE SYSTEM / GUT
THYROID EQUALS METABOLISM
HEADACHES STEAL YOUR LIFE